Saturday, 5 June 2004
Draft Registration and Draft Resistance
In preparation for the workshop tomorrow morning on the draft, draft registration, and draft resistance at the Reclaim the Commons convergence in San Francisco, I've added a new section to my Web site with updated versions of a set of informational leaflets originally produced by the National Resistance Committee, in which I was active from 1980-1991:
- Draft Registration Is No Joke!
- The Draft and the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
- What To Do If You Don't Want To Be Drafted
- Making a Choice: Conscientious Objection or Refusing to Register
- Health Care Workers and the Draft
I've also posted some links on the current situation, and some background on draft resistance in the 1980's. Hopefully these will have some value to today's resisters. If there's sufficient interest, I may try get more graphics and other archival material online.
[Addendum, 6 June 2004: Updated to correct some voice recognition errors and add printable PDF's of the leaflets. More to come!]Link | Posted by Edward on Saturday, 5 June 2004, 15:49 ( 3:49 PM) | TrackBack (0)