Thursday, 23 October 2008
Radio hour today on "Secure Flight"
I'll be on the Katherine Albrecht Show today from 2-3 p.m. Pacific time (5-6 p.m. Eastern Time, 2200-2300 GMT/UTC), talking about the final rules issued yesterday by the USA Transportation Security Administration for the Secure Flight scheme for control and surveillance of passengers on domestic airline flights in the USA.
If you are just tuning in, here are links to some background reading on the issue:
- More details on Secure Flight from the Identity Project
- My testimony against the Secure Flight proposal at the TSA public hearing last year
- Detailed comments on the Secure Flight proposal from the Identity Project
- The Advanced Passenger Information System (APIS) which set the precedent for DHS control and surveillance of passengers on international flights to, from, or via the USA
- No refund on Northwest Airlines if you won't produce ID
- Chertoff won't allow judicial review of no-fly decisions and orders
- Rahinah Ibrahim (Ibrahim vs. DHS) and the right to leave the USA
- Jaber Ismail and the right of citizens to return to the USA
- Freedom to travel as a human right
The Katherine Albrecht Show is syndicated nationally on the Genesis Communications Network . You can also listen to the show live online, and we'll be taking listener questions on the air. If you missed the live broadcast, the archive of this hour of the show is available here as a downloadable mp3 podcast.Link | Posted by Edward on Thursday, 23 October 2008, 09:55 ( 9:55 AM) | TrackBack (0)