Monday, 27 February 2017
FAQs about travel in the time of Trump
President Trump's emphasis on control of travel and borders has prompted a surge of interest in freedom of movement as a civil liberties and human rights issue. Here are some of my FAQs and analyses of this issue over the last month for the Identity Project:
- FAQ: What should you to do if you are asked for your password at a US airport or border?
- FAQ about searches at airports and US borders: What you probably don't know about one of the few laws that protects some of your rights.
- FAQ about searches and ID demands from passengers on domestic flights: What are your rights?
- Trump's #Muslim Ban is bad. But it's neither new nor unique to the USA: How carrier sanctions and airline collaboration are killing asylum seekers.
- Executive Orders, lawsuits, and the right to travel: What are the implications of the #MuslimBan litigation for other freedom-to-travel issues?